Help Desk Support



             


Friday, March 14, 2008

LIFE is a Partnership - Technical Support

How many team members does it take to…? How would you complete this sentence? Recently, I was surprised how I finished this thought.

I added a new creative partnership to my portfolio. It entails working with website and graphic programs publishing and designing. The business that I newly represent had given me all the information to connect to their website. I was ready to begin making the changes. I only had to connect to the website to download the site files. I predicted that it would only take the usual few minutes.

To my amazement, I was wrong. For 3 days, I tried everything to connect to the website but to no avail. I changed from being passive FTP to not being passive. I re-entered the password. I tried 3 other FTP programs. I called some of my colleagues to ask for some ideas and tried them. I went to Google to troubleshoot the connection as well as to Dreamweaver. I tried everything that the search results asked me to do. But nothing seemed to work.

Finally, after exhausting every other possibility, I decided to give my technical support a call just in case my local internet connection settings were not right for the work that I was trying to do. I figured that I had nothing to lose.

During the phone call, I explained my situation - that there did not seem to be anything wrong with the remote information I was entering for the website but that I was just not able to connect. After looking into the difficulty, they called me back to let me know that indeed my settings needed to be reconfigured so that I had a static IP address. Right on the spot, we went into the settings on my router and it immediately worked just fine.

So to complete the sentence…How many team members does it take to design and edit a website? At least 3. It not only takes the designer and a business owner to provide the website work for the designer, it takes a reliable and supportive internet connection provider.

Biography of Wanda Reinholdt

Wanda is a forward-thinking pioneer in the arts and in business, desiring to bring them together in effective self-sustaining partnerships.

For the past 6 years, Wanda has directed numerous semi-professional and community theatre productions. She also founded Reinholdt Productions, a theatrical production company specializing in the systemic design of projects. By using her experience, along with her BA’s in theatre and music, she brings to her company a combination of directing, teaching, writing, and problem solving skills. Wanda’s abilities are best used in a community where partnerships of theatre and music are formed, particularly through producing and directing.

In addition, Wanda has developed her skills in business partnerships in the form of administrative and strategic relationships, mentoring opportunities and leadership and personal development coaching. These skills act as a magnet attracting resources that enable her clients to contribute with strength to their world.

Labels: , , , ,