Help Desk Support



             


Thursday, January 10, 2008

How I Got Rid of Customer Support and Saved 8 Hours a Day

You may not be aware of this, but customer support can very easily be your main time consumer. Yes, those emails that you get, and answer one by one, they end up taking a LOT of your time.

Now, how would I know that?

The reason I know that is because this happened to me. Except doing my company’s customer support got to a point where I was spending around 8 hours a day doing it. Every SINGLE day.

But even if you are not spending 8 full hours a day doing support, let’s pretend that you’re only getting 25% of the support I was getting, that would mean you’d still be spending 2 hours a day doing support. That’s 10 hours a week, and if you work on the weekends (and which online business owner doesn’t these days) you’d be spending 14 hours a day. Almost two full business days just on supporting your client base.

Now, on the other hand, imagine that you'd have to do NO support at all. Imagine that all your customers are satisfied with your product and all the emails you get are the ones from all the sales that are coming through.

What if this was possible?

The way I turned this whole thing around was by getting smart and deciding to install a brand new customer support software in my website. At first the whole thing seem like I was trying to speak alien, but after a while I realized using a script definitely has a lot of value.

For example, most people don't know this, but some scripts will have a function that will allow you to present all the answers in front of your customers, EVEN BEFORE THEY ASK FOR IT.

How does this work?

Simple, all you do is fill out your databases with the questions that you get answered over and over (there's always a pattern to the questions you get). After you fill that database, your customer selects the topic he wants to ask the question about, he will see a list of possible answers. If you did your homework right, that's as far as your customers will go. They now get their answer in front of them.

Well, this is how I did it. Trust me, it's way simpler than you think, it will clear out a lot of your time, and like people say "Time is Money", so in this way this will pay off in a big way.

Discover the Support Ticket System that I used to reduce my support workload... down to almost zero!

Labels: , , , , , , ,